SAS Global Consultants
Location: Riyadh or Jeddah or Medina, Saudi Arabia
Salary: SAR 45,000 per month
Benefits: Medical insurance, Flights & paid annual leave
Company: International Project Management Consultant
Our client are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Infrastructure & Urban Planning Senior Engineer who should have at least 15 years of experience within strategic & master planning management and oversight of mega construction programs specifically within the Middle East and in a PMC environment
- Designing and managing water supply and wastewater systems in urban areas. Develop plans for water distribution networks, sewage collection and treatment systems, stormwater management, and water resource management to ensure safe and efficient water supply and environmental sustainability.
- Analyze existing conditions, assess needs and demands, and develop engineering solutions that optimize functionality and sustainability.
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess the viability and practicality of urban development projects.
- Evaluate environmental impact, economic feasibility, technical constraints, and regulatory compliance factors.
- Perform feasibility studies to help inform decision-making and ensure that proposed projects align with urban planning goals and requirements.
- Assess the potential environmental impact of urban development projects.
- Evaluate air and water pollution, habitat disruption, and energy consumption. They develop strategies and recommendations to minimize negative environmental effects and promote sustainable development practices based on their findings.
- Analyze and plan the layout and distribution of wet infrastructure systems within urban areas. They consider factors such as population density, land use patterns, and transportation demands to determine the optimal placement and design of infrastructure elements. This includes coordination with road networks, public transportation, utility systems, and other essential services.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and standards.
- Review project designs, specifications, and construction plans to ensure they meet the required standards for safety, accessibility, and environmental impact.
- They work closely with regulatory authorities to obtain necessary permits and approvals for urban development projects.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including urban planners, architects, developers, government agencies, and community members. Work together to develop integrated solutions that meet the needs and aspirations of urban communities.
- Provide technical expertise and contribute to the coordination of project implementation, ensuring effective communication and collaboration among all parties involved.
- Use data analysis and modelling techniques to assess and predict the performance of urban infrastructure systems.
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Engineering or Urban Planning from an accredited university.
- Minimum 15 years experience in a related field on major national/international initiatives and developments.
- Extensive experience in major development master’s and urban planning, preferably at the national level.
- Knowledge of other disciplines related to planning activities and projects with an understanding of the required business interfaces and interdependencies.
- Extensive experience of working internationally (preference for Middle East / KSA). Preferable cultural understanding of project management within KSA.
- Extensive experience in project planning and budgeting forecasts.